Monday, November 29, 2010

Time to Bust Out the Crock Pot!



            Now, I am going to start a contest to see if anyone can come up with an easier recipe than the one I am about to share with you.  I recently participated in an email forward, in which different recipes were shared.  A couple of really great ones came my way and this one for Crockpot Chicken and Stuffing was one of them!
            I literally dumped these ingredients into my never been used crock pot on my way out of the door and came home that evening to a delicious-smelling home and tasty meal!  The only thing that I would have changed, would be to have made it home a bit earlier as it may have spent a bit too much time cooking.  The stuffing and green beans were a fabulous precursor to Thanksgiving festivities.  Try this one for yourselves when you are in the midst of a busy week!

Slainte!

Recipe:
4 boneless chicken breasts (can use frozen breasts, or thawed, just rinse w/water)
1 can cream of chicken soup (or any cream soup)
1 box stove top stuffing
1 can green beans

Preparation:
Place chicken breasts in bottom of a crockpot.  Pour ¼ cup of water over chicken.  Mix soup and stuffing.  Put on top of Chicken breasts. Put green beans on top of stuffing.  Cook on low.  Put into crock pot in morning, ready to eat at 5:00.  OR put on high at noon and done by 5:00.

Enjoy!

2 comments:

  1. This is my kind of cooking!! I'm definitely going to give this one a try, Heather! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds super yummy! I'm trying to think of a gluten free substitute for the stuffing .... when I figure that out we're going to give this one a try too!

    ReplyDelete