Sunday, November 7, 2010

A Real Simple Pasta Dish!



            How simple, you ask?  Real Simple!  Because I think we have fully established that I LOVE pasta, I do not need to explain why I am sharing yet another pasta dish with you.  However, I have not yet shared that I am also a huge fan of artichokes.  Being a member of the artichoke fan club, of course, led me to select this recipe and assume it would be nothing short of amazing.
            Truth be told, I must admit that the end product on this one tasted a little too simple.  Not horrible, by any means, but just a little blah.  Chris and I discussed what might be missing, and decided that some chicken would be a welcome addition.  I also thought some cherry tomatoes might be nice, but Chris wasn’t sure about that.  A little salt and pepper did go a long way in making this dish more flavorful, but I wouldn’t make it again without trying one of the above-mentioned ingredients.
            If someone tries this and switches it up a bit, please let me know!

Slainte!


Enjoy!

1 comment:

  1. Chicken would be excellent or shrimp. I love artichokes too. Mushrooms are good. To make it more like scallopini you could also add capers and small pieces of prosciutto ham (sliced & packaged in the deli section). The kind of cheese that you use could make a difference.

    ReplyDelete