Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Lasagna Style Baked Ziti



            Last week I was super pumped to have a special guest at our house…our nephew Griffin!  My sister and brother-in-law took my other nephew Carson to the JDRF Walk to Cure Diabetes Banquet, and poor Griffin got left all alone with Aunt Heather.  I was excited the whole day for him to come and play with us, and sped home from my meeting to meet them.
            Now, Griffin wasn’t so sure about being left all alone with me at first, but then would not allow me to put him down!  I must pause here to say that I am unsure how my sister prepares her meals, but each time I would set him down on the tile to defrost hamburger, start the water to boil, drain the pasta, etc. he would promptly put out his bottom lip and give me the most pathetic eyes I have ever seen.  I am not exaggerating when I say that I almost called Chris to tell him to pick up some fast food I felt so bad setting him down.
            What I did end up doing was waiting until Chris got home to really play with him before I finished dinner, and it was so fun to hear them playing and laughing in the living room while I finished up the meal.  I most enjoyed hearing Chris speak “baby talk” to Griff and hear him laughing as if to say, “Uncle Chris you don’t have to talk to me like I’m an idiot! Haha.”
            The meal turned out great, and when Brooke and Greg got back Griffin tried some and actually really liked it!  He had already had dinner when he arrived and I was way too afraid to give him something and watch him choke or learn first hand that he has some bizarre deadly food allergy or something. 
            So, if you have children or a hungry husband, give this fun pasta dish a try.  I feel like I always say this, but it was very easy and tasty!

Slainte!


Enjoy!

Griffin with Uncle Chris!

No comments:

Post a Comment