Saturday, December 11, 2010

Skillet Rib-Eye Steaks & Broiled Peppers with Melted Cheese



            Hi Everyone!  If you hadn’t deduced this by now, my schedule recently has not been conducive to preparing meals and blogging about them.  While I must be honest and admit that not a single meal has been prepared by me over this last week, I do have a backlog of recipes to share with you!  Hopefully, if the coming week goes as planned, I will find myself back on track.  To think that I idealized this time of year and thought that home cooked meals and goodies would be flying out of my kitchen while holiday tunes played in the background.  Maybe this week that will happen…  Hey, a girl can dream!
            The first thing that I would like to share with you is two recipes taken from Martha Stewart’s Dinner at Home cookbook, for Skillet Rib-eye Steaks and Broiled Peppers with Melted Cheese.  This meal was easy and delicious! Chris was in love with the steaks and I think I ate my serving of the peppers and half of his.  Since having them, I cannot get them out of my mind!  They were SO good! 
            Recipes in this cookbook, are organized by season which is really nice, as Martha takes into consideration which ingredients will be more readily available, as well as what kinds of preparation will be more feasible for the given season.  Thus, pan frying the steaks as opposed to grilling, etc.  Remember, Martha knows best!  Try this one soon and let me know how it turns out!

Slainte!



Skillet Rib-Eye Steaks
Recipe:
-2 bone-in-rib-eye steaks (about one lb. each)
-coarsely ground salt and pepper
-1/3 cup loosely packed small rosemary sprigs, leaves picked from stems and coarsely chopped
-2 tablespoons olive oil
-2 garlic cloves

Preparation:
-season steaks with salt and pepper
-sprinkle half of the rosemary on top side of the steaks.  Let sit at room temp for 20 minutes
-heat skilled over medium heat, then add oil and garlic
-add steaks, rosemary side up.  Cook about 5 minutes, then turn.
-cook the other side, then transfer to a cutting board
-add reserved rosemary to skillet, until it begins to sizzle.  Stir and coat with the oil, spoon oil/rosemary mixture over the steaks.  Slice and serve!



Broiled Peppers with Melted Cheese
Recipe:
-4 fresh peppers, halved lengthwise
-Asiago cheese; I used a cheaper version like Monterey jack or something

Preparation:
-heat broiler; place pepper halves, cut side up, on a baking sheet.  Broil about 6 minutes
-remove from heat and add cheese, continue broiling (2-3 minutes) until cheese is melted.

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment