Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Tator Tot Casserole!

I apologize for this post-meal pic!  It is just that good that you dive right in!


            This next recipe I am about to share with you is so simple and tasty, that I should probably keep it to myself to make people think that I am a much better cook than I really am.  While I did wrestle with this for some time, I realized that my sister already shared this one on her blog so the secret is out!  So, I will share with you my thoughts on why you should try this one for yourself.
            First, as Brooke already reported, kids love this!  Our mom made this one for us when we were kiddos, and I think it was one of the first recipes that I asked my mom for after I had started cooking for myself in college.  Wait, that’s a lie because I barely made myself a home-cooked meal until I was in grad school…just ask my college roommates.  In fact, my former roommate Kelli recently made some joke/comment about the amount of frozen chicken nuggets I ate…sick!
            Second, adults love it!  Last Wednesday, Chris and I invited our friend Thomas over to hang out and be the special guest at our GodTeens meeting.  Because we always try to quickly devour a meal before the kids in our group come over, I invited Thomas to join us for dinner as well.  Now, I considered making something that would really impress our special guest, but I had been craving this casserole so much that I had to subject him to it, and I think he thoroughly enjoyed it!  As he was leaving, he commented that it was so good and seemed super easy.  Isn’t this the type of recipe that all women want in their repertoire?

Slainte!

Check out Brooke’s blog for the recipe and preparation, as well as her take on the tots!


Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment