Saturday, November 13, 2010

Meet "Brooke the Family Cook!"


            When people meet my sister, Brooke, their reactions vary anywhere from how she looks “just like me” to disbelief that we are blood relatives.  I like to think we lean more towards being very similar, as being like her is such a compliment.  She is beautiful, kind,  funny, thoughtful and most of all a wonderful wife and mother.
            Unfortunately, our genetic similarities included until recently a ridiculous fear of cooking.  Since starting my blog in August, Brooke has been giving some thought to her own desire to prepare home made meals for her family and rid her older son, Carson, of his pickiness, while simultaneously engaging in pickiness prevention efforts for her younger son, Griffin.  Luckily for all of you Mom’s out there, she has decided to chronicle her efforts on her new blog “Brooke the Family Cook.”   There she shares stories of her beautiful family, and their reaction to her meals.
            I have a dream that one day my nephews will say things like “my Mom and Aunt Heather make the best____” or “Christmas isn’t the same without Heather’s _____.”  Hey, a girl can dream!

Please check out her blog ASAP as I assure you that you will not be disappointed!


Slainte!

No comments:

Post a Comment