Sunday, November 14, 2010

When Things Get CHILLI...



            Even though the temperature has been dropping outside, this week I warmed things up in our home by preparing my mom’s long-standing chilli recipe!  Now, I think that it could be argued that we each love the chilli we grew up with best, but I can say that I have never tried a variation that I like as well as this one, biased or not. 
            I must say that if you are a fan of a spicier version this recipe would not be your cup of tea, err, bowl of soup.  The brown sugar gives it a sweeter taste, which in my opinion, makes it yummier than other versions.  One bite brings me back to toasty nights spent inside watching the snow fall on our farm, and I was excited to try it for the first time in our home.
            Now, just in case I haven’t bragged up this recipe enough, I must tell you that it is quite possibly the easiest thing I have made to date.  In fact, Chris called me when he got into his car to leave work and was shocked to come in the house to find me ladling it into his bowl! 

Slainte!

Recipe:
-1 pound of hamburger
-3 cans of diced tomatoes/chilli style (I found “chilli ready” ones at HyVee; my mom finds hers at WalMart)
-1 can Pinto Beans
-1 can Pork N Beans
-1 can black beans

Preparation:
-Brown hamburger
-Over medium high heat, combine the 6 cans of tomatoes/beans and brown sugar
-Add the hamburger
-Warm until ready to serve

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment