Thursday, October 28, 2010

A Rave Review!




           When your husband tells you during and following dinner multiple times that dinner was “really great,” you can feel confident he enjoyed the meal.  When that same husband goes on to explain that he “loves fish, loves tacos, and even these onion thingies” you can be confident that you just earned a rave review.  That, my friends, is just what I got following the serving of my version of Real Simple’s fish tacos.
            Now I love fish tacos too, and often order them when we are out.  One version I tried recently had this delicious cilantro lime rice that was so amazing.  I asked Chris for his thoughts on my adding something like that to this recipe next time, and he insisted that “simple is better” and that if I “get too crazy with it I will ruin it!”
            I think that I will take his advice to keep it simple, as this recipe took only the amount of time it took to cook the fish in the oven.  During that time, I was able to slice the onion, and set the table.  If you are in need of a quick meal and enjoy fish tacos, try this one tonight!

Slainte!


Enjoy!

*Photo Chris snapped of me putting the tacos together :)



2 comments:

  1. I've NEVER had fish tacos. Should this meal be my first go at them? Or should I order them at a restaurant sometime for my initial experience? I still love this blog. Keep the posts coming, my dear. I look forward to your recipes AND your writing! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Heather! I would say to try a restaurant version with tilapia for your first time. These are a great do it yourself version, however. Thanks for following the blog, and for all of your encouraging comments!

    ReplyDelete