Thursday, October 21, 2010

Quesadilla Casserole!




            Quesadilla casserole, you ask?  Would I lie to you?  Of course I wouldn’t, but I must admit that I was just as skeptical until this tasty delight (now it sounds as if I am describing a Chinese dish) touched our lips.  It was SO good.  I think that this would be one the kids would enjoy as well.
            I made my version in a large baking dish, and was very glad that I did as I had tons of leftovers, which makes my lunch time infinitely more enjoyable.  It must be noted that for some reason the onions didn’t make their way onto my grocery list, so I substituted a red bell pepper, which I thought was a nice addition/substitution.  In fact, I think that if I make this again I will do both onion and red pepper. 
            I was also a bit concerned that my version looked quite a bit different than the picture on the Real Simple website, but was relieved when it was so yummy.  I still need to go back over the recipe with a more fine toothed comb to see where I strayed that resulted in the difference in appearance.  Try this one for yourselves, and if someone can save me the time of identifying where I strayed…let me know!

Slainte!

For the recipe and instructions for preparation go to:


Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment