Sunday, October 24, 2010

Dinner Swap?


            As I returned from the grocery store this afternoon, armed with the groceries to prepare the meals on the menu this week, I started thinking about my need to pre-prepare meals and have them frozen and ready in my freezer for evenings or weeks when I just don’t want to cook.  This made me think of this concept I read about in the September 2010 issue of Real Simple magazine.
            The article was titled “The Great Dinner Swap” and detailed the idea of a group of people coming together to share meals.  For example, if 6 people/families were involved in the group, each person would prepare 6 easily frozen meals to share with the other members.  Then, following the swap, each person/family would have 6 different meals! 
            It seems to me that this can be an ongoing thing, or occur just once.  I think it would be fun to do once a month or bi-monthly to allow for a random assortment of meals.  I think that it would also be important for the swappers to live in Lincoln, and perhaps even find a common drop location to exchange the meals.  Is anyone interested in trying this out?  If so let me know!  My email is hkmcquillan@gmail.com.  Email or comment and we can discuss ideas/details.  Below I have added links to the Real Simple article and the tips given for a successful swap. 

Slainte!


No comments:

Post a Comment