Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Zesty Chicken Enchiladas


I am curious to know from all of you new home cooks out there if you have ever had an experience in which you took stock in what you have achieved and thought to yourself, "I got this!"  Well friends, I am excited to report that I recently had such an experience, which I will now share with you.  What happened is this:

Coming into the kitchen to prepare a meal, I typically set the table before I get started, and then try to lay out the ingredients to make sure everything is ready to go and that I don't find myself in some kind of bind once I get going.  On this day, I methodically followed step one of setting the table, but must have been just feeling it and decided to just start working through the ingredients on an as-needed basis.  So, as I was working on this new recipe for zesty chicken enchiladas, I realized that I had omitted many key ingredients from my grocery list either because I thought that I had them or deemed them unimportant to the overall success of the dish.

So there I was, sans many important ingredients with a decision to make.  Do I keep going and see what I can come up with off the cuff with the ingredients I do have? OR, Do I toss what I have done so far into the garbage and drive to the nearest fast food restaurant and salvage this thing?  Well friends, I chose to be brave and go for it, and you know what?  It turned out awesome, if I may say so myself!  Thus, at the end of this I felt more proud of myself than I think I ever have as I successfully paired ingredients to come up with something as close to the original recipe as possible and it ACTUALLY WORKED! 

Now, because I don't even remember how exactly I managed to make this turn out, I will give you only the original recipe, my blessing and words of encouragement that you too can change recipes to make them your own!

Slainte!

For recipe and preparation instructions, click on the following link!


Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment