Thursday, August 11, 2011

PW Milky Way Cake!



            There really isn’t much about this next recipe for Milky Way Cake that the Pioneer Woman leaves unsaid about it in her post.  The main thing I remember about her description of it is that this cake is ridiculous.  After preparing it myself, I thought, “Amen Sister, this might in fact be the most ridiculous cake I have ever prepared or allowed my taste buds to enjoy.”
            I mean this cake’s ingredients, are like 10, 000 milky ways and 5, 000 sticks of butter.  Does it get any more ridiculous/wonderful than that?  I don’t think so.  In fact, I feel that we are at times entitled to a little ridiculousness in our lives.  Ridiculousness in moderation, of course. 
            So if you find yourself with a little time on your hands for preparing and enjoying a ridiculous cake this weekend, I would encourage you to give this one a try.  If you share it with others, as I did, prepare yourself to chuckle when people ask you about the ingredients.  I found that a smile with a simple “you don’t want to know” did the trick nicely. 

Slainte!

For recipe and preparation instructions, check out the Pioneer Woman’s site:


Enjoy!






            

No comments:

Post a Comment