Friday, August 12, 2011

Meatball Subs

Yes, I had already taken a bite when I took this photo...couldn't wait!


            As I mentioned before, one day a week I get to go into work a little later, which results in getting home later.  This means that there is less (and sometimes even no) time to do any meal prep.  On these evenings, my slow cooker is my BFF.  Last night was no exception, as I left work, drove to Clancy’s doggie daycare (yes, I have become that kind of dog owner-but only on the day I work late), and as my furry son and I traveled home, I could hardly hear myself think over the grumble of my stomach.
            Lucky for me, I am type A enough to have already prepared a quick simple meal in my slow cooker that was just waiting for me when I got home.  This meal of Meatball Subs, came from my Superfast Slow Cooking cookbook, and literally involved me chopping up an onion, thawing out some meatballs, putting them in the slow cooker, and covering with spaghetti sauce.  So easy!
            If you are pressed for time, or just love a good meatball sub, make this one immediately.  Trust me, you won’t be disappointed!  I think that kids would really like this one as well, as it is yummy and just messy enough for their liking.

Slainte!

Recipe:
-40 frozen meatballs, thawed
-26 oz jar pasta sauce
-1 onion, chopped
-6 hoagie buns, split and toasted
-6 slices Muenster cheese

Preparation:
-Combine meatballs, pasta sauce and onion in a slow cooker.  Cover and cook on low setting for 4-6 hours.  Place meatballs in toasted hoagie buns and top with cheese.  Broil to melt cheese, if desired (I was too hungry for this step).  Makes 6 sandwiches.

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment