Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Delicious Dip!



            If you were to ask my husband, “What is your wife’s number one sneaky snack?”  He would answer without hesitation, “Chips!”  Seriously, it’s a problem,  I have tried to convince the hubby of the existence of a chip monster in our home, but he wont buy it.  Rats.  So here I am, coming clean about my addiction. 
            This affinity I have for chips is only magnified when I come across a good dip to sink them into.  Well friends, I have found over the years that summer is the perfect time to scavenge for other’s tried and true dip recipes, and this summer has been no exception as I recently discovered a real gem.
            About a month ago, we were visiting my in-laws friends cabin (confused yet) when their friend, Dee, brought over this delicious corn dip.  After giving it a try, I immediately located Dee, and asked her to please pass on this recipe.  She reported that she received this recipe from a friend, and so on it goes.  Before we left for the evening, she walked over to her cabin and brought me a pre-printed copy of the recipe!  Does it get any better than that?
            Knowing I had hit the jackpot, I couldn’t wait to make this dip.  It was so easy and yummy and I am pumped to now be passing it along to you.  I implore you, try this for your next gathering soon!

Slainte!

Recipe:
-1 small 7 oz. can of Mexicorn
-1 cup mayo (regular not lite)
-1/2 cup fresh grated parmesan cheese
-1 Jalapeno pepper, cut up finely

Preparation:
-Mix ingredients into a smaller baking dish.  Bake for 30 minutes at 350 degrees. 

*This recipe doesn’t make much, so please consider doubling it!

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment