Monday, August 8, 2011

Pizza Paradise!



            About a month ago, we were prepping for a 50-mile bike ride benefit for our dear friend, Emily, who is battling breast cancer.  Because the ride was taking place early in the morning in Remsen, IA, we decided to spend the night before with our wonderful friends Nolan and Emmy.  I don’t know about you guys, but I hate that life gets so busy that visits with good friends become sparser than I would like.  So, when the opportunity comes to spend time with friends like these, I can’t wait!
            We arrived at Nolan and Emmy’s home in time for dinner, and boy were we in for a treat!  Emmy is always preparing something fabulous, and this was no exception.  After the initial bite of this homemade pizza, the first thing out of my mouth is “Can you send me the recipe for this?”  I knew I had to share it with all of you, and my intuition told me that I would be craving it within 24 hours.
            So, when I finally made it myself, I was thrilled to find how easy it was, and it was just as delicious the second time around.  If you love a delicious homemade pizza, PLEASE make this for yourself soon!

Slainte!



Pesto Recipe:
-2 cups fresh basil
-3 tablespoons pine nuts
-1/2 cup olive oil
- 3 cloves garlic
-1/2 cup Parmesan cheese, shredded

Pesto Prep:
-Add garlic to the food processor, and mince.  Add basil, pine nuts, and salt/pepper.  While processor is running, slowly add olive oil.  Stop processor, then stir in the cheese.

Pizza Recipe:
-Pillsbury thin pizza crust
-shredded chicken
-red onion
-green peppers
-tomatoes
-fresh mozzarella
-basil leaves

Pizza Prep:
Pre-bake the crust according to package directions.  Spread the pesto over the crust, and add the above toppings to the top of the pesto.  Finish with a sprinkle of freshly ground black pepper and salt, and thinly shredded fresh basil leaves. Bake until the mozzarella is melted.

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment