Sunday, August 8, 2010

Who is Mrs. McQuillan and why is she mastering meals?


Welcome Readers!  Perhaps I should start this initial post out less presumptuous and greet my mother and sister, as they may be the only ones to actually read this.  In any case, I will begin this blogging venture by explaining both my mission and myself.
            My name is Heather McQuillan, and I have recently set off on the adventure of matrimony with my husband, Chris.  We live in Lincoln, Nebraska where Chris works as an equipment manager for the University of Nebraska and I work as a therapist for Child Guidance Center and coach cheerleading at Lincoln Southwest High School.  Chris and I are nearly two months into our marriage, and I often find myself telling him how I wish I would do the following: 1) write for fun; and 2) finally learn to cook. 
            For the three years of our courtship, I have chalked up my inability to actually do either of these things to my lack of time, funds, proper cooking essentials, energy, etc.  I come to you now from a place in which my schedule has significantly relaxed and per my recent nuptials, I am armed with a kitchen full of professional tools, gadgets, and appliances.  So, it seems the only thing I am lacking these days is…excuses!
            So here I am, preparing to revisit an old love (writing) in pursuit of what I hope will become a new one (cooking).  Through this blog, I will chronicle my trials as I (hopefully) transform from cooking catastrophe to culinary champion.  Because I know that I am not the only woman who desires to solve her domestic dilemmas, I hope that I can facilitate the generation of ideas, inspiration, and discussion for women like me who want to open a cookbook and not be filled with confusion or break out in a cold sweat.
            To Chris, thank you in advance for your patience during this project.  I promise that you will be the winner at the end of all of this!  Ina has Jeffrey, Giada has Todd, Julia has Paul…and I have YOU! 

Slainte! 

8 comments:

  1. Yay! I can't wait to hear about your adventures!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm sure you don't need any inspiration... but my cousin has a food blog at http://thymeforwine.blogspot.com/
    Lots of great recipes and ideas! Best of luck in your kitchen adventures dear!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can only offer words of encouragement. There is nothing more inspiring and relaxing than time in the kitchen preparing meals with love. Good luck! I'll be following your progress!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I would be more than happy to assist you by eating large amounts of the meals you cook. Please let me know what time dinner is each day.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You're so cute! I can't wait to see what's in store for this blog...I'm guessing pure awesomeness.

    ReplyDelete
  6. looking forward to some wonderful ideas! ;)

    ReplyDelete