Sunday, August 29, 2010

Chicken and Rice…Very Nice!



This next dish is probably one of my all time favorites!  I love it so much that my sister made it last year for lunch to celebrate my birthday.  It is so yummy, in fact, that it was a close second to my nephew Carson yelling “Happy Birfday Hera!” when I arrived to eat the birthday lunch as top things that happened that day.  Although my sister has made it countless times for me, I had never prepared it myself.
            Because of Chris’s late work schedule, the fact that it takes two hours to bake was very nice.  I put it in the oven when I got home from work, finished the rest of my housework, watched a few shows on DVR and had a delicious meal ready when he got home.  I think what I love the most about it is the taste of the rice.  I was a bit nervous that Chris wouldn’t like it as much as I do, but his proclamation that it was “really stinkin’ good” told me it was safe to add it to our list of dinner staples.

Slainte!

Recipe:
-6 Boneless Skinless Chicken Breasts
-11/2 Cups regular rice
-1 can cream of celery soup
-1 can cream of chicken soup
-1/4 cup butter
-1/4 cup milk
-1/4 cup Dorothy Lynch dressing

Preparation:
-Pour rice in bottom of greased 9x13 pan
-Mix soups, butter, milk, Dorothy Lynch together
-Stir ½ of mixture with rice and spread evenly on bottom of pan
-Place chicken on top of rice/soup mixture
-Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese
-Cover tightly with foil
-Bake 2 hours at 300 degrees

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment