Thursday, February 24, 2011

Slow Cooker Pot Roast



            Alright folks, prepare yourselves because I have another great slow cooker recipe for you!  This time, I am tackling Pot Roast.  I think that I have touched on this a little bit, but if you are an engaged or unmarried person reading this blog, have an interest in cooking but don’t want to slave away each evening, and appreciate an easy clean up, you MUST register for a good slow cooker.  I mean it!  I would also highly recommend you get your hands on the ‘Super Fast Slow Cooking’ cookbook I am lucky to have in my home.  I have seriously contemplated sending another thank you to the person who gave it to us for our wedding! 
            The next thing that I would recommend, is that you buy yourselves a deep freeze, and convince your parents to acquire a herd of cattle so they can give you an array of beef to fill your freezer.  This will save you time and money and make you be forever indebted to your parents (which is good for them as they approach their senior years, haha).  With all joking aside, this recipe was incredibly easy to prepare and I think took me approximately 5 minutes to put together, including the time it took to get out the crock pot, plug it in, etc.
            To make this easy, I put out the roast the night before to allow it to thaw, then I literally just dumped all of the canned goods into the crock pot, closed it up, set my table, went to work and all of my other “activities” and came home to a delicious smelling home and pot roast that tasted as if I had slaved over it for hours, when of course the only thing giving it hours of attention, was the crock pot heating it!  Try this one for yourselves soon!

Slainte!

Recipe:
-3 to 4 lb. beef chuck roast
-10-3/4 oz. can tomato soup
-10-3/4 oz. can cream of mushroom soup
-2 16-oz. cans new potatoes, drained
-2 14-1/2 oz. cans sliced carrots, drained

Preparation:
Mix together all ingredients in a slow cooker.  Cover and cook on low setting for 7 to 8 hours.

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment