Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Rosemary Chicken Kebabs



            This next recipe for Rosemary Chicken Kebabs taken from the February 2011 issue of Rachel Ray Magazine is SO easy to prepare.  Now, I realize that I always say this, but I ensure you I would never lie to you.  You mean too much to me, and my credibility is way too important!  So, I promise you, this recipe is so simple and will completely blow your mind.
            What I love most about this recipe is that the flavors and kebab style of preparing the meat make me think of summer.  Although, I will delightedly admit that I don’t need too many extra things this week to make me think of summer as the weather continues to be so beautiful.
            My only complaint about this recipe would probably be related to the fact that I am a complete wimp sometimes when handling raw meat (especially chicken) and this one certainly requires a lot of cutting, and sliding of meat chunks onto the skewers.  Frankly, this just sicks me out sometimes! 
            So, if you are like me in this regard, you will have to distract your mind with happy thoughts (like summer!) while wielding you butcher-like skills for the meat prep.  Please consider this to be a simple warning and not a reason to abstain from trying these delicious kebabs!

Slainte!

Recipe:
-1/2 cup mayonnaise
-1/4 cup grainy mustard
-2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
-Grated peel and juice of 1 lemon
-8 long rosemary sprigs
-1 ½ pounds chicken breasts, cut into 1 inch pieces
-1 ½ cups grape tomatoes
-salt and pepper

Preparation:
-In a medium bowl, whisk together the mayonnaise, mustard, garlic, and half of the lemon juice.  Set aside 1/3 cup and reserve the rest for the dipping sauce.
-Preheat the broiler to high.  Leaving the tops of the rosemary sprigs intact, remove some of the bottom leaves to make room for threading.  Thread the chicken and tomatoes onto the rosemary sprigs.  Brush the kebabs with some of the 1/3 cup mayo-mustard sauce and season with salt and pepper.  Arrange on a foil-lined baking sheet and broil about 8 inches from the heat, turning occasionally and basting with the remaining 1/3 cup sauce, until cooked through, about 15 minutes.
-Serve with the set aside dipping sauce

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment