Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Blood, Sweat, and Pork Fajitas!




            Some times in life, a gal can find herself spread a little thin, and working to juggle the many aspects of her existence.  Sometimes that same gal may find herself in the middle of preparing delicious pork fajitas for her husband on a Monday evening, while simultaneously taking in an episode of ‘The Bachelor.’  When this is happening, the woman might be so enthralled with reality TV romance that she nearly cuts off her thumb while chopping an onion for those delicious fajitas.
            Now, of course this didn’t happen to me personally, but if it did happen to me while Chris was out at the store grabbing tortilla chips to enjoy with the fajitas, I can assure you that I would be freaking out while I watched the paper towel I held over the wound filling with blood.  I can also assure you that when Chris got home to find me shrieking for supplies to stop the bleeding, he would begin to freak out too.  Wow, thank goodness this is just a hypothetical situation and didn’t actually happen!

            I will tell you that if ever I were to sacrifice one of my fingers for a meal, it may be for these pork fajitas as they are super tasty!  Like any fajita recipe, they require some chopping and prepping of the veggies and meat (which can be treacherous).  For those of you who tried the recipe I shared for steak fajitas previously, I would say that this is just as good, if not better, as the pork is a lot more tender than the steak.  Give these a try soon, and be sure that if you happen to have an accidental amputation attempt that you enjoy a pomegranate margarita…even if it was a Monday night!

Slainte!



 Recipe and Preparation:
*Recipe taken from the January 2011 issue of Real Simple magazine.

Thinly slice 1 pork tenderloin (1 ¼ pounds).  Season with salt, pepper, and 1 teaspoon cumin.  In batches, brown in olive oil in a large skillet over medium high heat, 1 to 2 minutes per side.  In a second skillet, cook 1 sliced onion and 2 sliced bell peppers in olive oil over medium heat until tender, 6 to 8 minutes.  Serve the pork with vegetables, tortillas, avocado, cilantro, and sour cream.

*In the photo above, I am prepping Tastefully Simple’s Fiesta Party Dip to enjoy with the chips Chris may or may not have been picking up at the store…

Enjoy!
           

No comments:

Post a Comment