Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Happy Birthday to ME!


            
            Hello everyone!  I’m sure many of you are wondering, “What does it take to get a blog update out of this girl?”  Well friends, the answer seems to be that it takes a day off and some free time, which have been, sadly, very rare recently.  However, because today is my BIRTHDAY, I decided to treat myself, take the day off, and do the things I enjoy most. 
            So, today I have been getting things done at home, running errands, and even made myself a delicious carrot cake!  I found the recipe for my birthday carrot cake on the Pioneer Woman’s website.  After I found it last week, I couldn’t wait to give it a try!  I didn’t really care what I accomplished today, but just knew that I must make time to make that cake!


            The recipe and preparation are super easy, and the result is very tasty.  I will say that it is not super “carrot-y” which I was a little disappointed about, but overall it was a great recipe and I will likely use it again as I LOVE carrot cake.  Now, this morning I baked in my robe (which was fun), but I also need to mention here that I received an incredible gift from my friend Sota (her real name is Amy, but I refuse to call her that) as she sent me a gorgeous apron that she sewed herself!!  It was such a beautiful, thoughtful, and unexpected birthday surprise that I nearly started crying when the UPS man delivered it to me!
            
         This beautiful apron reminds me that I have been blessed beyond measure in my 26 years to encounter so many wonderful people and call them my friends.  Each birthday I try to count my blessings and recall the past year I have been blessed to live.  This past year has taught me a lot about life, love, and loss and I am looking forward to the year ahead.  One think I can guarantee is that there will be more delicious recipes to come!  Hopefully I can just get my poop in a group so they can come to you faster!

Slainte!!



No comments:

Post a Comment