Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Spaghetti Salad



            This last weekend, I finally made a virtual stop by my sister Brooke’s blog.  If you have not checked her out yet, I highly recommend that you do!  I spent what felt like an eternity going through her entries and eating up (not literally though I wish I was) her fun family recipes and kid friendly dishes.  It had been a bit since I had last went through it thoroughly and I was so impressed! 
            I was working on my own meal plan for the week, and stole 3 ideas from her!  Being the younger sister, she always jokes that she copies me.  I shot her a text telling her all of the meals that I was going to try of hers and joked, “Who is the copy cat now?!”
            This first recipe, is a recipe that I first remember trying when my Aunt Deb would serve it at the Pioneer Seed Corn supper every year.  The taste of the dish takes me back to my youth almost like no other.  My mom often makes this one as well, and it was just what I needed to take to my friend’s barbeque that weekend! 
            The other fun thing about this dish that reminds me of family, is that I chose to make it a day after Chris and I brought home our puppy!  Chris had to swing by his work, and I really needed to get the dish made, so I laughed at myself thinking that rather than “sleep when the baby is sleeping” I needed to “cook when the puppy is sleeping!”  Do you think I can officially coin that phrase?  Anyway, in this season of barbeques and pot lucks, I strongly encourage you to give this dish a try.  And of course, stop by my sister’s blog and check out her yummy recipes!

Slainte!

Recipe and Preparation:

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment