Monday, April 18, 2011

Crock Pot Simplicity at it's Finest!



            Hello everyone!  I know, I know, it has been about 10 days since you have heard from me.  For that, I truly apologize.  Believe me, I wish that I had time to be in the kitchen, try new things, and blog about it.  However, all last week I did not make it home once before 7 and by the time I did stumble through the front door, I was whipping up tried and true recipes or something in the way of hamburger helper.  Sometimes, life is just that way!  It will certainly help me to appreciate my time in the kitchen (that I will hopefully get) this week!
            Now, this next recipe that I am going to share with you is super yummy and easy.  It was given to me by my Aunt Becky, who is the epitome of everything the home cook should be.  I would even go so far to say that she is the best home cook I know.  She makes the most delicious dishes and sides, and always seems to do it effortlessly.  In my dreams, I always hoped to be able to cook like her one day.  However, in my mind, this would not be possible.  I was under the illusion that she slaved each day for hours in her kitchen.
            So, I called her up to ask her to please share with me a pork tenderloin crock pot recipe I remembered her making for our family after baby Kale had passed away.  I had a big piece of paper in hand, waiting for the lengthy recipe.  When she told me I could make it with two ingredients, three if I wanted to spice it up a bit, I nearly passed out.  Perhaps she is a real mortal after all? 
            This recipe was so simple and delicious and it tasted just as yummy as when Aunt Becky made it!  Chris loved it, and would be completely up for me making it again soon.  If you are a fan of simplicity, and in need of a tried and true family recipe, give this one a try soon.  I will also work to pin Becky down on more of her delicious secrets to share with you soon!

Slainte!

Recipe:
-1 pork tenderloin (pick size depending on how many you want to serve)
-1 jar of salsa
-hominy (I omitted this)
-Tortilla chips for serving



Preparation:
-Put ingredients in crock pot.  Cook on low for 8-10 hours.  Serve with tortilla chips!

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment