Wednesday, March 30, 2011

I love cooking THIS much!



            A few weeks ago, I mentioned how much I love when friends share their recipes with me.  I was thinking a lot about that while I was gone last week, and decided to make it a priority to try more of the recipes that have been sent to me.  This first one I will start with is for a delicious penne pasta and was sent to me by Chris’s cousin Missy.  She sent it to me because it is my two favorite things 1) easy and 2) delicious! 
            If you are skeptical after reading the preparation instructions how something so simple and with so few ingredients could be this delicious, I would just encourage you to give it a try!  It has even been delicious as leftovers, which is basically a quadruple bonus! 
            I also want to add a little side note here to say that I understand that the majority of what I share on my blog posts are recipes for pasta dishes.  I will not apologize for that here as pasta is a primary source of joy in my life and when I pasta dishes just always seem to jump off of the page and scream “try me, Heather!” 
            Also, many nights when I am cooking, Chris will hi-jack my camera and start taking unflattering photos of me that I pretty much delete right after he takes them.  So, after preparing this dish I decided to catch him off guard and do my best “I love cooking” jump!  I think it turned out pretty good…

Slainte!



Recipe:
-Penne pasta
-1 onion
-2 cans diced tomatoes
-2 tbsp Pesto (I used some from a jar for this one)
-Mozzarella cheese

Preparation:
-Dice the onion and sautee it in a pan with olive oil.
-Add the two cans of diced tomatoes (juice and all)
-Simmer while cooking the pasta according to package directions
-Add pesto to the onion/tomato mix and pour over the pasta
-Sprinkle with mozzarella and serve

Enjoy!


2 comments:

  1. Oh Mrs. McQuillan you make me smile! This sounds oh so delicious but do you have any suggestions for a husband that would pick out ALL of the tomatoes?? :)

    Your running buddy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Did you change your colors? They are pretty! LOVE the picture!

    ReplyDelete