Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Corn Beef Casserole



            By now, I hope that you have come to know that I aspire to be a good Irish lass.  Being married to a wonderful Irish lad has caused me to embrace my new Irish roots (by marriage of course), and have a newfound love for St. Patrick’s Day.  So, when March 17th rolled around this year, I scoured my cookbooks for a good corn beef recipe.  Of course, I found something that looked worth trying in an old church cookbook from home.  I purchased the ingredients and got all ready for the day.  I even secretly contemplated buying some green glitter and staging a scene similar to Christmas morning, telling Chris a leprechaun had been to our Irish home in the night. 
            Of course, I don’t have that much energy and Chris wouldn’t appreciate it as much as, say, a 5-year-old child, so I didn’t do it.  I did, however, have all of the fixings to prepare this yummy corn beef meal.  This plan too was thwarted, when we were invited at the last minute to attend the Lady Gaga concert that night.  While I was sad to not enjoy an Irish meal to commemorate my first St. Patrick’s Day as an official Irish person, I suppose attending a concert was significantly more fun than enjoying Guiness at home by ourselves, while discussing for the umpteenth time what Irish name we can give our puppy.  (We are also accepting suggestions!)
            So, I finally made our St. Patrick’s Day dish (more than a week later) and it was really good!  It wasn’t too corned beef-y which I really appreciated and was super easy to prepare.  Chris and I actually talked that it tasted a bit like a tuna bake.  I would definitely recommend getting your green on, and giving this one a try soon! 

Slainte!

Recipe:
-1 can corn beef
-1 small package large noodles
-1 can mushroom soup
-1 can cream of chicken or cream of celery soup
-Potato chips
Preparation:
Cook noodles and drain.  Place in casserole dish.  Mix corn beef and add soup.  Put crushed potato chips on top and bake 30 minutes at 350 degrees.
Ready for the concert!

Waiting for the concert to begin!

No comments:

Post a Comment