Monday, September 27, 2010

Chop Chop!


            
           I don’t know how many of you, like me, have friends who seem impossibly perfect.  Maybe this speaks well of the type of people I choose to surround myself with.  No matter how you slice it, however, there are some times when your peers can make you downright insecure.  This is true of my friend Abby and her cooking.  Many months ago she had Chris and I over to her home for dinner.  Let me pause her to tell you it was no ordinary dinner (well, to her it was because I think perhaps she has had a stint at Hogwarts cooking up culinary magic).  It was phenomenal and to top of the experience, her toddler ate it all up without a single request for a chicken nugget.  I should also note here that this meal was created while Abby was finishing law school, raising said toddler, and simultaneously keeping herself up-to date on all the latest pop culture/celeb gossip.
            While Abby has given me the recipes to these dishes, and other amazing cookbooks for a wedding gift, I must admit with shame that I have not tried to re-create her amazing meal out of pure fear it will not work out as well for me.  I even had Abby and my friend Leslie over for lunch prior to the start of this blog, and served….drumroll…Papa John’s pizza…no lie.  Of course, I am incredibly ashamed of this.  The one positive thing of this recollected memory is that it has helped me to reflect on just how far I have come.
            I am also pleased to admit that I didn’t back down from a recipe Abby recommended from another blog called Balsamic Glazed Pork Chops.  It was super easy to make and Chris gave it a rave review of “best pork chops we have had to date.”  Check it out for yourself soon!
            To Abby-thank you for your support of the blog and for sharing recipes and tips.  You are an aspiring home cook, lawyer, mother, wife, and friend!

Slainte!





2 comments:

  1. Your pork chops look great! So glad you liked it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Heather-it has been so fun checking in on your cooking adventure...and..I'm sure your husband doesn't mind taste testing all of this for you! Goodluck!

    ReplyDelete