Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Back for Seconds!!




Does anyone remember the other evening when I had my brother and his friends over and he made fun of me for “attempting” to cook?  Well, I must report the little sucker came back for more!  That’s right, one week later he was back at my place for dinner and a little football watching.  Now, if you ask him, he would probably say that he came to watch football with Chris, but I suspect he recognized a great thing when he tasted it and came back for more!

I nearly struck out with the Spaghetti with roasted tomatoes and herbs I prepared, as apparently he hates tomatoes!  How did I never learn this?  After thinking about it, I suppose I have never watched a tomato pass his lips…Luckily, he was able to push them to the side!  Kaylie and Chris really enjoyed it, and I was surprised how light it seemed for a pasta entrée.  It was really pretty simple, so I would recommend trying it for yourself!        

Now, I don’t know if all wives are like me, hopefully they are not, but I attempt to be “cool” and not too much of a drag to my husband and his friends.  I think sisters always try to be this way for their brothers too.  So, when Chris told me that he and Ethan were going to watch some football together, I decided to prepare a special dish for them to enjoy while they were yelling at the TV. 

I decided to try Buffalo Chicken Dip, which I had tried this summer at a friend’s party.  Let me tell you, it was A-W-E-S-O-M-E!  Chris and Ethan enjoyed it so much, in fact, that I fear I may have a permanent houseguest!  If nothing else, I have a permanent tailgate/football party staple!  I am already planning to bring it to my office tailgating potluck next Wednesday, and can’t wait to taste it again.  So yummy!

Slainte!

Spaghetti with Roasted Tomatoes and Herbs taken from Real Simple Magazine-Sept.
Recipe:
-12 oz. spaghetti (3/4 box)
-2 pounds cherry tomatoes (about 6 cups)
-6 cloves garlic, smashed
-3 tablespoons olive oil
-kosher salt and black pepper
-1/2 cup chopped mixed fresh herbs (such as basil, parsley, and chives)
-parmesan for serving          

Preparation:
-Heat oven to 400 degrees.  Cook the pasta according to package directions; drain and return to the pot.
-Meanwhile, on a rimmed baking sheet, toss the tomatoes, garlic, 2 tablespoons of the oil, salt and pepper.  Roast, tossing once until the tomatoes begin to burst (20-25 minutes).
-Toss the pasta with the tomatoes, herbs, and the remaining oil.  Serve with parmasean, and additional oil if desired.



Buffalo Chicken Dip:
*I found this recipe online.  To access it click the link below!  Be prepared for it to blow you away!


Enjoy!



1 comment:

  1. Hi. I have been watching your blog because my sister Katie follows you and I love new recipes. I have to tell you I tried the buffalo chicken dip last night, we ate it as dinner, not the most nutritious meal ever, but none the less, my husband and kids LOVED it.

    ReplyDelete