Sunday, September 18, 2011

HELP!

For example, I could write about how this guy is snoring next to me as I type this post... 

            I’m assuming that many of you have noticed that my posting recently has been anything but regular.  Well friends, now it’s time for me to come clean.  The dirty truth?  I am just feeling really stuck with where the blog is right now.  I have been thinking about this for some time, and just really don’t know what to do.  While I have grown to love cooking, and many of you have expressed to me that you enjoy the recipes that I share, I am just fresh out of words and ways to describe the meals we try each week.  This is the reason I currently have 30 or so recipes that I could potentially share with you, and I don’t because all I could really say is this was good, or we didn’t quite like this, etc.  I just feel that I have been there said that, and it makes posting tedious.
            So here is where I am at, and what I am thinking.  I would like to create a new site altogether where I share not only my recipes, but random musings from my everyday life which includes much more than cooking.  Now, I by no means think that I am especially interesting, but feel that my life involves so much more than the meals that I make and would like to write about other facets of my life such as family, friends, marriage, marathons, and puppy parenthood, along with many other numerous things, of course.
            With that said, here is where I open things up to suggestions.  This new plan would require coming up with a new site name, and that is where I am stuck.  I just haven’t fallen in love with anything I have come up with, and am very open to your ideas.  Mostly, I would like to get my name out of it if possible.  I would also enjoy feedback as to whether or not you think this is a good idea, or if I should just shut up and stop blogging all together.
            In the meantime, my plan is as follows: I will share all of my recipes that need to be shared with you by category.  This will be easiest to do, and might be nice to see a bunch of beef dishes together, etc.  Hope you enjoy them, and I look forward to your feedback on this pending change.

Slainte!

Mrs. McQ

1 comment:

  1. First off, PLEASE DON'T STOP BLOGGING! :) I love you and your sisters braveness to try all sorts of new dishes, it inspires me to try new things and that they all wont turn out crappy. So if you continue to blog, weather you add in your personal life, please keep dishing out the food ;)

    ReplyDelete