Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Yummy Crock Pot Meat



            This next recipe was shared with me by my friend Abby, whom I have mentioned before and is an excellent cook.  So, when she couldn’t stop raving about this dish in her email to me, I knew it was worth giving a try.  I was super pumped, and knew it would be so yummy.  I bought all of the ingredients, and even went so far as to pump Chris up as to how yummy it was likely to be. 
            I felt like I had this secret insider information about how this meat was best with Rotella’s brat buns, and to dip the sandwich into the delicious liquid while eating it.  She even told me it was easy, so I knew there was no way I could mess this up.  Chris and I loved this meat, which I served with rice, but in the back of my mind I was a little confused because it just wasn’t quite as wonderful as Abby had made it out to be in her email.
            It wasn’t until the next morning, when I was in between snooze hittings, that it hit me (remember, my mind is crazy and random so it really isn’t weird that I thought of last night’s dinner immediately after waking up) I DID NOT SERVE THE MEAT ON THE BRAT BUNS I BOUGHT AND ALSO DID NOT DIP IT IN THE DELICIOUS JUICE!  Needless to say, this was a bit of a rotten start to a new day as I was irritated by my sheer stupidity and disregard for the coveted insider information I had received about this dish.
            Abby, I know you are reading this, and I sincerely apologize for not doing your recipe justice.  Please know that I WILL make this one again, and WILL NOT forget your “special instructions.”  To everyone else, please let me know if you give this one a try as I am sure it is fabulous!

Slainte!

For recipe and preparation instructions, please click the link below:


Enjoy!


           

No comments:

Post a Comment