Monday, January 17, 2011

New Obsession: The Pioneer Woman




            A couple of months ago, someone encouraged me to check out the Pioneer Woman’s website.  Of course, I thought about doing so, but never did.  It wasn’t until multiple people prompted me to check it out, that I actually made that fateful click onto her glorious website.  Now, I say fateful because I think that in that first visit to her site, I stayed for hours mesmerized by nearly everything.
            I was struck by how relatable she is, and how I couldn’t stop laughing while reading various posts.  She does all of her own photography and shares stories about her life as an “accidental country girl.”  Her recounting of her life on a ranch almost makes me want to pack up and hit the country.  Well, not quite, but you get the point. 
            So, needless to say, when I saw her on the Today Show, and she was promoting her new cookbook, I new I had to have it.  I needed it so badly, in fact, that I told my husband to please be sure to let Santa know that in addition to really pining away for a new camera, I was going to need the Pioneer Woman cookbook as well.  Well friends, Santa did not let me down, and I have never enjoyed flipping through a cookbook so much!
            I love this cookbook so much in fact, that I am hereby declaring this Pioneer Woman Week at the McQuillan household, and I will be trying 4 of her recipes for you and letting you know how they turn out.  I’m super excited, so be sure to stay tuned!

Slainte!

Mrs. McQuillan

No comments:

Post a Comment