Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Goulash Take 2!




            A couple of weeks ago some of you might remember I tried a Phelps County recipe for goulash that I wasn’t crazy about.  Try as I might, I just couldn’t accept the goulash simply because it wasn’t my mom’s recipe.  Finding myself in this predicament, I decided to do a little comparative research and shut up already and try my mom’s recipe to see if it was indeed superior.
            Hypothesis in hand, and a fresh request from Brent and Abbie (who are still, sadly, at Children’s in Omaha) for something involving pasta, I called mom for the recipe.  Now, like all tried and true mother’s recipes she rattled it off by heart, without concise measurements. 
            So I prepared this one easily, and without much fuss, packed it up and took it to the hospital.  When Chris and I took our first bite, we agreed that my hypothesis was indeed proven true.  Study results: When it comes to goulash, mom knows best!

Slainte!

Recipe:
-2 cups macaroni
-1 lb hamburger
-large can of tomato sauce
-garlic powder (to taste)
-1 can corn
-brown sugar (approx. ¼ cup)

Preparation:
-Cook the macaroni according to package directions
-Meanwhile, brown the hamburger
-Combine all ingredients in the macaroni pot

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment