Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Recipes from Home-Dorito Casserole



            Recipe two of this so-called “Holdrege week” I could hardly wait to make, and it was all I could do to keep Chris from eating the ingredients before I made it!  What is this recipe, you ask?  Well, my friends, it’s called Dorito Casserole!  Does this sound too good to be true, or what?!  To make the story even better, the preparation is very simple and turns out very well.  I was a bit disappointed in the finished product, but think this has more to do with how much I had built this one up in my mind than any real problem with the dish.
            At my house, simplicity is key, and this one certainly fits the bill.  I was running late getting home this night, and asked Chris to just get the meal started for me, and it was seriously all but finished when I walked through the door!  Now if I could just trick him into making all of our meals…
            So, if you are a lover of chips (as I unfortunately am) give this one a try.  I think that it would be one kids would really enjoy as well, and they could help with the preparation by crunching up the chips!  Just make sure to keep those chips hidden (or buy two bags) to avoid falling victim to the appetite of a hungry husband!

Slainte!

Recipe:
-1 lb. ground beef
-1 (10 oz.) can cream of mushroom soup
-1 (12 oz.) can enchilada sauce
-1 (16 oz.) bag nacho doritos
-3 cups grated cheddar cheese
-salt and pepper to taste

Preparation:
Brown ground beef, drain.  Add soup and enchilada sauce, salt and pepper; set aside.  Crush Doritos and in an 8X12 casserole dish layer chips, meat mixture and cheese, repeat layers, ending with cheese.  Bake at 300 degrees until cheese is golden brown.

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment