Monday, February 28, 2011

Pork Chops with Tomato Chutney



            Ok everyone; secure your socks as this next recipe might just knock ‘em off!  I ensure you I am not exaggerating in the least and if you heed my advice and try this one soon, you might just show up at my doorstep to thank me!  When I reflect on why I enjoyed this particular recipe so much, I think it has something to do with that it was just so different from the things that I typically make. 
            Now, I think I have made this pretty clear in the past, but if given the opportunity I would probably eat a plain pork chop and likely enjoy it.  So when you look at the ingredients in this tasty tomato chutney, you can understand why my experience was only slightly short of transcendental.  Chris loved this one as well, and agreed it was something very much off of our beaten path.
            So, if you are looking for something quick and easy that will delight your taste buds, give this recipe for pork chops with tomato chutney taken from the March 2011 edition of Rachel Ray Magazine a try! 

Slainte!

Recipe:
-1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
-1 onion, chopped
-One 14.5 ounce can chopped tomatoes
-1/3 cup golden raisins
-3 tablespoons brown sugar
-2 teaspoons finely grated fresh ginger
-3 tablespoons plus 1 teaspoon red wine vinegar
-4 pork loin chops
-salt and pepper
-1 lb. green beans

Preparation:
-In a medium skillet, heat 1-tablespoon olive oil over medium high heat.  Add the onion and cook, stirring occasionally, until softened, about 5 minutes.  Stir in the tomatoes, raisins, brown sugar, ginger, 3 tablespoons vinegar and ½ cup water.  Bring to a boil, lower the heat and simmer until the sauce has thickened, about 10 minutes.
-Meanwhile, season the pork with salt and pepper.  In a large skillet, heat 2 tablespoons olive oil over medium-high heat.  Add the pork chops and cook, turning once, until browned and just cooked through, about 5 minutes.
-In a pot of boiling water, cook the green beans until crisp-tender, about 3 minutes; drain.  Transfer to a bowl and toss with the remaining 1-tablespoon olive oil and 1 teaspoon vinegar, season with salt and pepper.  Top the pork chops with the tomato chutney and serve with the green beans.

Enjoy!


No comments:

Post a Comment